Prenatal massages in Raleigh can be wonderful for both you and your baby. Pregnancy can bring about stress, pain, and uncomfortableness that can actually effect your baby’s health. Thankfully, prenatal massage can help with all of those things, as well as a whole host of others!
Below, you’ll find a great deal of benefits that come from getting a prenatal massage in Raleigh!
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system.
- Reduces swelling in hands, feet and ankles
- Lessens sciatic pain
- Increases oxygen in the blood, sometimes on up to 10-15% after a massage.
- Increases blood and lymph flow which can help increase the elimination of toxins through the circulatory and lymphatic systems, this can also help with fatigue
- Helps with relaxation, which in turn can decrease insomnia
- Helps relieve anxiety or depression
- Helps increase blood circulation, which in turn delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the mother and baby.
- Eases stress mothers often feel after the birth
- Eases muscular discomforts in areas like the lower back & neck, calf cramps, it also helps with tension and tightening that can be experienced throughout the body
- Can be used during the birth as well as after, making both experiences easier and more comfortable
- Stimulating blood flow (may prevent anemia)
- Stimulates lymphatic system (may help prevent/reduce edema)
- Relieving aches and pains
- Relieve headaches
- Release physical and emotional tension
- Reduce fatigue
- Learn relaxation skills
- Increase muscle tone and flexibility (alleviating muscle cramps and spasms)
- Alleviate ligament pain
- Alleviate backaches and leg cramps
- Enhance sleep
Those of us that are pregnant or have been pregnant know that anything to relieve the stress, pain, and uncomfortable issues is a blessing! If you’re ready to make a prenatal massage appointment, go ahead and contact our Raleigh massage therapist. Our mobile massage allows us to come to you so you don’t even have to leave your home! How great is that?!
Also, be sure to check back with us in our next post. We will talk more about prenatal massage in Raleigh and how getting an approval from your doctor first is important!